Wednesday, December 9, 2009

How to Get Results

I just returned from the International Coach Federation (ICF) Conference in Orlando, inspired to create a greater impact through results-based coaching.

 
This is a quotation from a leader of one of the workshops I attended, on Accountability:

  
"Taking action consistent with your desired outcome for your life, career or business gets results". - Mark Samuel



When I consider results I have attained recently, it is a result of applying these 4 principles:
  1. Being clear on my desired outcome,
  2. Setting a clear measure that defines success,
  3. Being focused and taking action in line with my desired outcome,
  4. Measuring how I’m progressing toward my desired outcome.

Considering areas where I have not attained the results I wanted, it clearly is due to a break down in applying at least one of these 4 principles.


Coaching Challenge:  For the results you want to see in your life, career or business, answer these questions:



 
How will you become clear about your desired outcome?


What measure(s) defines success for you?


What action(s) do you commit to take, consistently?


How will you measure progress towards your successful end-result?





Share your commitment by sending me an e-mail, or comment on this post. Personal accountability strengthens when you share your commitment with someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment